“● Schroders has appointed Sheila Nicoll as head of public policy, a newly created role. Ms Nicoll, a former director of conduct policy at the Financial Services Authority who helped oversee the UK’s Retail Distribution Review, joins from Ernst & Young, the consultancy, where she acted as a senior adviser.
● Didier Deleage has joined Edmond de Rothschild as chief operating officer for asset management, from HSBC where he acted as deputy chief executive of HSBC Global Asset Management France.
● La Française, the €43bn French asset manager, has appointed Patrice Genre as chairman of La Française Real Estate Partners. Mr Genre was chief executive of DTZ Asset Management until October 2013.
● Mark Benstead is moving to Legal & General Investment Management in July as a senior portfolio manager in LGIM’s UK credit team, from AXA Investment Managers where he was head of UK credit.
● Three senior hires for HedgeMark, the dedicated managed accounts provider owned by BNY Mellon. Bill Santos joins from Kenmar Olympia Group as global head of business development, Maxine Alexis is moving from Deutsche Bank to act as head of the legal consulting group and Neil Novembre, previously chief financial officer of the DB Advisors hedge fund group, becomes head of fund accounting.
● Henderson Global Investors has added two investment-grade credit analysts to its US fixed income team based in Philadelphia. Timothy Gage joins from Franklin Square Capital Partners and Jonathan Mann from JPMorgan Chase.
● Threadneedle Investments is expanding its US equities team. Benedikt Blomberg and Nicolas Janvier join as analysts from Columbia Management, which along with Threadneedle, is owned by Ameriprise Financial. Amit Kumar is also joining the team from Artham Capital Partners.
● Omni Partners, the $650m alternative investment manager, has appointed Peter Coates as chief executive. Mr Coates was previously head of Europe for Lighthouse Partners, a US fund of hedge funds manager.
● Quilvest Private Equity has appointed Guy Zarzavatdjian as chief executive. Mr Zarzavatdjian, who worked for 3i for 25 years, succeeds Michel Abouchalache, who will remain chief executive of the overall Quilvest Group until the end of 2014.
● Edison Investment Research has strengthened its equity team with the appointment of Peter Lynch, as a UK oil and gas analyst. Mr Lynch previously worked as an analyst at Citi, Merrill Lynch and Tell Investments.
● Jeff Longhurst is rejoining the Asset Based Finance Association as chief executive, having served as ABFA chairman from 2006-07. Mr Longhurst, a former managing director of Crédit Agricole Commercial Finance, is moving from Gener8 Finance, an invoice discounter.” source: ft.com