Top 10 Best Paid Jobs in Investment Banking
2. Chief Compliance Officer or CCO: The CCO is responsible for mainly overseeing and maintaining compliance issues . The typical salary for a CCO can span anywhere from $1-3 million per year.
3. M&A Head: This is the position for the person in charge of mergers and acquisitions. There is the requirement of having knowledge on corporate strategy, among other things. M&A Head salary ranges between $2-6 million.
4. Head of Capital Market: This position requires scrutinizing assets, handing finances, selling bonds, and more. The salary for an Capital Market Head can range anywhere from $3-8 million per year.
5. Prop Traders: Also known a proprietary traders, they trade stocks, currencies, bonds, etc. Prop traders trade for direct gain, not commission. Their salaries range between $2-3 million, though there is the possibility to make more. For the gain, choose a private structure: Hedge Fund… Regulatory has put much more pressure on bank salary.
6. Head of Research: This job involves exactly what it sounds like–lots of research: phone call, companies meeting… Typically, Heads of Research earn, on the low side, $2-3 million annually.
7. Head Trader: Chief Traders, especially at hedge funds, have the potential to earn a lot of money. Enough to pay off those loans as if they are petty cash. Chief Traders can earn anywhere from $1-2 million.
10. Private Equity Partner: Another lucrative job that requires more general knowledge. Within the first three years, analysts earn up to $500,000. What you are looking here, it is to get your hand on vested interests.