● David Semaya has been appointed as chairman of Nikko Asset Management. Mr Semaya will join Nikko in April. Takumi Shibata, the current chairman, has been named president and chief executive, replacing Charles Beazley, who is stepping down for family reasons and returning to the UK.
● Yugo Ishida has taken up the role of chief executive of Lazard Japan Asset Management. Mr Ishida has held a string of senior roles at Nomura, including president and chief operating officer of Nomura Asset Management.
● Carmignac Gestion has poached a new four-man European equities team led by Muhammed Yesilhark from SAC, the hedge fund. The team, which will manage €1.6bn of Carmignac’s European funds, includes Malte Heininger, and two analysts, Huseyin Yasar and Saiyid Hamid.
● Legal & General Investment Management has hired Willem Klijnstra and Chris Jeffery as strategists for LGIM’s asset allocation team. Both join from BNP Paribas Investment Partners where Mr Klijnstra was head of research and acting chief investment officer and Mr Jeffery was a senior strategist.
● PineBridge Investments has appointed Stephan van Vliet as global head of insurance asset management, a newly created role. Mr van Vliet was previously head of investments for ING Insurance Asia-Pacific.
● Luke Chua is moving to Pictet as a senior investment manager in the emerging markets corporate bonds team from Schroders.
● Philip Poole has moved to Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management as head of research, a newly created role, from HSBC Global Asset Management where he was global head of macro and investment strategy.
● Michael Lee is also joining Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management as head of consultants UK, after previously holding similar roles at Scottish Widows Investment Partnership and BlackRock.
● Dalton Strategic Partnership has hired Mark Greenhoff, a former fund manager at GLG Partners, as a senior analyst for the Melchior European equity team. He joins from Millennium Partners, the luxury property group.
● Carolyn Bell has moved to Kames Capital as an investment manager in the North American equities team from Baillie Gifford.
● Close Brothers Asset Management has hired Robert Alster as head of research from AllianceBernstein.
● Seton Craven is also joining Close Brothers as an investment director from Psigma.