“● Oakley Capital is expanding ahead of Neil Woodford’s arrival from Invesco Perpetual at the start of May. Nick Hamilton, who spent nine years as head of global equity products at Invesco Perpetual, has been enticed to return from Colonial First State in Australia where he was head of institutional business. Craig Newman, former head of sales at Invesco Perpetual, has also joined Oakley as head of retail asset management.
● JPMorgan Asset Management has hired Andrea Hohlachoff as head of insurance and platforms within its UK funds sales from SEI.
● Michael McGovern has joined Brown Brothers Harriman as chief information officer and head of systems from Citi Transaction Services.
● Insight Investment has appointed Tarik Ben-Saud as head of asset solutions, a newly created role. Mr Ben-Saud spent 15 years at BlackRock (and its predecessor, Barclays Global Investors) as head of LDI and client strategy until 2012.
● Artemis has poached two senior members of Threadneedle’s North American equities team, Cormac Weldon and Stephen Moore.
● At Threadneedle, Diane Sobin, co-manager of the American smaller companies fund, becomes head of US equities, while Nadia Grant joins from JPMorgan AM as lead manager of the Threadneedle American Fund.
● Rob MacQueen has taken on the role of senior portfolio manager for the £1.3bnHenderson UK Property Unit Trust after moving from M&G Real Estate where he was an associate director.
● M&G Real Estate has appointed Tony Brown as chief investment officer. Mr Brown was previously a managing director at the property group Lend Lease.
● Christine Bergstedt Jorgensen has moved to Maj Invest’s newly opened London office as senior client relationship manager from Barings.
● Charlene Chu, a senior director at Fitch Ratings in Beijing and an authority on the Chinese banking system, has joined Autonomous Research as a partner to develop its Asian research capability, focusing initially on China.
● Phelim Bolger has joined Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management as a director responsible for institutional clients in the UK and Ireland. She joins from HSBC.
● Intech Investment has hired Richard Yasenchak as a client portfolio manager from Russell Investments.
● Dominic Bokor-Ingram has joined Charlemagne Capital as co-portfolio adviser for frontier markets from Renaissance Capital.”