“● The Financial Conduct Authority has appointed James Kelly, a former managing director at Goldman Sachs and UBS, as an adviser in the supervision team overseeing wholesale banking and investment management.
● Unigestion is opening for business in Canada with the appointment of Heather Cooke, previously a partner at Mercer, as a director in its new office in Toronto.
● City Index, the spread betting group, has appointed Mark Preston as chief executive, replacing Martin Belsham who left in December. Mr Preston was previously a principal at Valere Capital, a specialist fixed income consultancy.
● Baring Asset Management has hired Véronique Fournier as head of Switzerland and global head of private banking from Schroders.
● Hermes Fund Managers has hired Johan Stromberg from Prosperity Capital as director of business development for the Nordic region, replacing Jakob Nilsson who has relocated to Singapore to lead sales in Asia. Antonis Maggoutas has joined Hermes as a sales manager covering Germany and Austria from Barclays Capital while Matthew Doyle, a manager in the London office of the lawyers Latham and Watkins, is appointed as a commercial director at Hermes Equity Ownership Services.
● Emmanuel Archampong has moved to Royal London Asset Managementas a business development manager from Moody’s Analytics. Kate Parker also recently joined RLAM as a business development manager from Payden & Rygel.
● Arne Hassel is joining Coutts as head of investments in April 2014 from the Universities Superannuation Scheme where he was co-head of multi-asset allocation.
● Martin Bednall, a former managing director at BlackRock and co-head of the iShares product team, has joined FinEx as managing director of ETFs.
● Four new hires for BNP Paribas Securities Services. Sid Newby joins as head of pension fund sales from BNY Mellon while Felix Schachter has moved from Aon to become head of insurance company sales. Aïda Molineux joins as head of client service from EY, while Ben Williams-Thomas moved from Northern Trust in September to become sales manager.
● Stewart Edginton has joined Julius Baer in London as team head of discretionary specialists after running a family office in Zurich since 2008.
● Ravi Thakur has moved to Northill Capital as head of Americas distribution from Amundi USA.”