“● BlackRock has appointed Helen Zhu as head of China equities. Ms Zhu joins in April from Goldman Sachs where she was chief China equity strategist.
● Also moving to BlackRock is Simon Pardoe who joins from Legal & General as head of DC proposition to work with employee pension schemes.
● Jennifer Stillman is moving to Hermes Fund Managers as director of consultant relations from Nightscape Capital, where she was head of business development.
● Matthews Asia has hired Andy Rothman, a veteran US China diplomat, as an investment strategist based in San Francisco. Mr Rothman, who also spent 14 years as a China strategist at CLSA, will act as Matthews’ spokesman on China.
● Fundsmith has appointed Sandip Patodia as an equity research analyst ahead of the launch later this year of the Fundsmith Emerging Equities Trust. Mr Patodia was previously at Morgan Stanley.
● Mercer has hired Mark Rowlands as sales and marketing leader for its defined contribution and savings business from Partnership Assurance.
● Finisterre Capital, the emerging markets specialist, has appointed David Burnside as a partner and head of business development. Mr Burnside was previously head of alternatives at BlueBay Asset Management, a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada.
● Dan Nolan has joined Tullett Prebon, the interdealer broker, as a senior broker in charge of hedge fund distribution in Europe from Gamma Finance. Tullett Prebon’s alternative investments team has also opened an office in Dubai with Gahtan Vahidy appointed head of alternative investments for the Middle East.
● Four hires for Bridges Ventures, the UK-based impact investment specialist. Paul Richings joins as chief financial officer from Langholm Capital. Oliver Wyncoll is also joining from Langholm Capital as a partner. Khidhr Shafiq is moving from Deloitte to become an associate and Mark Blower takes on the role of deal-origination director after joining from Gresham Private Equity.
● Miton is expanding its sales team with Mark Wright, previously a portfolio manager and investment analyst at AFH Wealth Management, joining as regional sales manager for the Midlands.
● Tony Yousefian has moved from City Financial to Charteris Treasury Portfolio Managers where he will continue to run the EFA OPM Property Portfolio fund.
● Chris Legge has moved to Ashcourt Rowan Asset Management as head of intermediary services from Brewin Dolphin.
● Square Mile, the consultancy, has hired Alex Farlow as head of risk-based solutions research from Morningstar.
● Jean-Luc Brach has moved to Kniep as chief information officer for the fund industry software and services provider. He joins from PwC” Source: ft.com