“● Alexandra Altinger has been appointed as chief executive of SandAire, which is joining forces with Lord North Street to create an enlarged multifamily office group. Ms Altinger previously worked for Lansdowne Partners. Alex Scott, who founded SandAire in 1996, becomes executive chairman while William Drake and Adam Wethered, the co-founders of Lord North Street, will be vice-chairmen.
● Standard Life Investments has recruited Joe Wiggins as a senior investment analyst responsible for the corporate bond, Asian equity and property sectors from Stamford Associates. Mark Lane also joined Standard Life as an investment analyst In January from Bestinvest Brokers.
● Three hires for Fullerton Fund Management in Singapore. Jason Zhu joins as head of China equities from Franklin Templeton Sealand fund management in Shanghai. Ian McCallum, previously chief investment officer for Bedlam Asset Management, will lead Fullerton’s new global emerging markets equities strategy. Craig Mitchell will manage delivering an Asia Absolute Return equity strategy after moving from Capital Group.
● Sir Roger Gifford, a former Lord Mayor of London, has been appointed as a non-executive director for Multrees Investor Services, the custody and reporting specialist.
● Henry Schlegel, chief executive of Vontobel Asset Management’s equity boutique in New York for the past 26 years, is to become chairman in July. Philipp Hensler, previously chief executive and chairman of Oppenheimer Funds Distributors in New York has been recruited as co-chief executive to work alongside Rajiv Jain who will also continue with his duties as chief investment officer.
● Jonathan (Johnny) Arthur, a former head of equities at UBS Private Wealth, has joined Hanson Asset Management as head of investment management.
● Samuel Fay has moved to Adam & Company, the private Scottish bank that is part of RBS, as a director of private wealth, from Barclays Wealth.
● Legal & General Property has hired James Lidgate as head of residential from Bellway Homes, the housebuilder.
● AMP Capital is expanding its infrastructure debt team. Emma Haight joins as a director from NIBC Bank while James Fox is moving from British Land to become an associate director in April.
● Jo Kite has joined Towers Watson as head of the consultant’s pensions and benefits practice in Scotland. Ms Kite, an actuary, was previously at Standard Life.
● Emily Porter-Lynch has moved to bfinance, the consultancy, as director of investment advisory. Ms Porter-Lynch was previously a senior investment manager at the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) where she looked after hedge fund strategies.
● In May, Carsten Huwendiek will join CVC Capital Partners as head of communications, from Pantheon, the private equity fund investor.” Source: ft.com