“● Pascal Thorens has moved to RBC Investor & Treasury Services, part of Royal Bank of Canada, as managing director for Switzerland, from Clariden Leu Asset Management, where he was head of sales and distribution.
● UBS Global Asset Management has hired Gregor Hirt as chief investment officer for Switzerland and Europe, within the global investment solutions group. Mr Hirst joins from Schroders.
● Erik Knutzen is joining Neuberger Berman as multi-asset class chief investment officer from NEPC, the investment consultancy.
● Craig Robinson is to take the reins as president of the US business of Colliers International, the global property company. Mr Robinson was previously at Cassidy Turley, the commercial real estate services provider.
● Global X, the exchange traded funds manager, has appointed Luis Berruga as chief operating officer andTom Lynch as senior compliance officer. Mr Berruga joins from Jefferies, the investment bank, while Mr Lynch is moving from Van Eck, a rival ETF manager.
● Axa Investment Managers has expanded its liability driven investment team with the appointment of Robert Price as a solutions strategist. Mr Price previously worked at KPMG Investment Advisory.
● Three new hires for First State Investments. Jimmy Burns will join in May as a senior relationship manager based in Edinburgh. Mr Burns, a former head of European equities at Stewart Ivory, has been running his own consultancy in the US. Denise Saber has been appointed head of institutional business development for Europe, a newly created role. Ms Saber is moving from Craigmore Sustainables, the farmland and forestry operating and investment group. Frank Glennon joins as European business development manager, also a new role, from Falcon Money Management in London.
● Hermes Fund Managers has appointed Michael Russell as deputy portfolio manager of Hermes US small and mid-cap equities. Mr Russell is moving from Nomura Asset Management.
● The Pension Protection Fund has appointed Elaine Wiscombe as head of operations for its new in-house member services function. Ms Wiscombe joins from Aon Hewitt, the consultancy.
● Busy times at HSBC Global Asset Management. Nacho Font recently joined from Diam, the Japanese asset manager, to represent smart-beta capabilities to clients.Stephen Tong, formerly head of emerging market portfolio management at Vontobel, has assumed responsibility for global equity capabilities. Emmanuelle Harboun, who previously worked at Commerzbank, has joined the UK-based product specialists team, along with Yasmina Slimani from Capital Management Associates in Chicago. Apiramy Jeyarajah joined in December to help develop HSBC’s passive investments range after leaving RBS’s structured solutions sales team in 2013.
● Wendy Phillis is joining ICAP, the world’s largest interdealer broker, as group chief risk officer, replacing Colin Smith who is retiring. Ms Phillis is moving from State Street where she has served most recently as chief operating officer for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. “source: ft.com