“● José Placido, previously the chief executive of RBC Dexia, will this month join the executive committee of BNP Paribas Securities Services and become global head of sales and relationship management in 2015. Until then, Mr Placido will co-head sales and relationship management with Charles Cock, who will become international vice-chairman, a new senior client executive role.
● KKR, the private equity group, has recruited Bruce Karpati, a former head of the Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement division’s asset management unit, as its new global chief compliance officer. Mr Karpati is joining from Prudential Financial.
● Impax Asset Managementis expanding in the US with a new office in Portland, Oregon. The resource scarcity and environmental investment specialist has appointed Molly Ono, previously a director at Invesco, as director for business development and client service, based in Portland.
● Jupiter Asset Management has appointed Martin Harris as head of its institutional business. Mr Harris joins from Kames Capital, where he was head of distribution.
● Richard Clarke-Jervoise has moved to Fleming Family & Partners, the wealth manager, as private equity investments manager from Quartilium, a Paris-based funds of funds team, where he was managing director.
● State Street Global Advisors has appointed Alistair Byrne as senior defined contribution investment strategist. Mr Byrne is moving from Towers Watson where he was a senior DC investment consultant.
● SSgA has also hired three senior sales managers for its intermediary business group: Steve Muzzlewhite from Commerzbank, Desirèe Scarabelli from BNY Mellon Investment Management and Elaine Coussement from Amundi. They will take on responsibilities for the UK, Italy and Benelux respectively.
● Square Mile, the consultancy, is expanding its research team ahead of the launch of its funds rating service later this year with the appointment of John Monaghan as senior investment research analyst. Mr Monaghan joins from S&P were he was associate director of fund research.
● Close Brothers Asset Management has appointed Amy Lazenby as investor director and lead portfolio manager for CBAM’s tailored portfolio service. Ms Lazenby joins from Wilson King, the private client discretionary manager that she co-founded in 2004.
● Forum Securities, a real estate investment boutique, has hired Sophia Banar as strategic risk and portfolio manager from Tuckerman Group, an affiliate of SSgA.
● John Harley, a retired Ernst & Young partner is to take up the role of chairman of TradeRiver, an SME finance provider.
● Crosslane, a specialist student accommodation investor, has hired Lee Jones from Qatar Broker International to head up its new offices in Dubai.”source:ft.com