“● Joe McDevitt, who led Pimco’s expansion into Europe, has retired after 16 years at the US fixed income specialist. Mr McDevitt, Pimco’s first employee in Europe, was head of the London office, which he opened in the late 1990s. His responsibilities for the UK, Benelux and Nordics will be taken over by Bill Benz, head of Pimco for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
● Schroders has appointed Alex Tedder as head of global equities. Mr Tedder will join in June from American Century Investments, where he was co-head of global and non-US large-cap strategies, managing $21bn. Also moving to Schroders is Denis Parisien, who joins as a portfolio manager and member of the emerging market debt team from Deutsche Bank Securities, where he served as head of emerging market corporate debt research and strategy.
● Kevin Hayes, previously finance director at Man Group, the hedge fund, has moved to River and Mercantile Group as chief financial officer. This follows the recent merger between the US asset manager and the investment consultancy P-Solve.
● BMO Global Asset Management recently announced three new hires, including Jerry Mauricio as chief compliance officer with oversight for its US operations. Mr Mauricio was previously chief risk officer for wealth management at Bank of the West, a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. Dan Hoover has joined BMO Asset Management US as director of securities lending relationship development from Northern Trust. Susan Gibbs has taken on a role as an internal sales consultant in the defined contribution investment only team after moving from LPL Financial, the independent broker-dealer.
● Global X, the exchange traded funds provider, recently appointed Luis Berruga as chief operating officer and Tom Lynch as senior compliance officer. Mr Berruga joins from Jefferies while Mr Lynch was previously chief compliance officer for Van Eck, a rival ETF manager.
● Katherine Wade is moving to Aviva Investors as a senior equity research analyst from Citi, where she was an equity sales generalist.
● David Kiddie has moved to BNP Paribas Investment Partners as chief executive of the institutional business arm. Mr Kiddie was previously chief investment officer at AMP Capital Investors.
● Millennium Global, the currency specialist and alternative investment manager, has appointed Hai Xin as managing director responsible for business development in Asia and Australasia. Mr Xin previously held a similar position at Overlay Asset Management.
● Redington, the investment consultancy, has appointed Robin Claessens, a former chief executive of the Invensys Pension Scheme, as a managing director.
● Julian Lyne has joined Newton, part of BNY Mellon, as head of global consultant relations. Mr Lyne joins from UK fund company F&C Investments.” Source: ft.com