“● Jean-Louis Scandella is joining Baring Asset Management as head of equities in June from Comgest, the French equity boutique.
● Man Group, the hedge fund, has appointed Pierre-Henri Flamand as a senior portfolio manager at GLG. Mr Flamand, a Goldman Sachs veteran who rose to become global head of the principal strategies group, one of the bank’s proprietary trading operations, founded the hedge fund Edoma Capital Partners in 2010. It was forced to close within two years after losing money.
● Artemis has poached another five members of Threadneedle’s North American equities team. William Warren, a fund manager, and analysts Olivia Miller, Chris Kent, Nafis Chowdhury and Paul Gannon will reunite with Cormac Weldon and Stephen Moore who moved from Threadneedle to Artemis in January.
● Koray Yesildag has moved to Aon Hewitt, the consultancy, as an asset allocation specialist from GAM, the investment manager, where he helped run GAM’s Absolute Return fund.
● JPMorgan Asset Management has appointed Nicholas Webb as vice- president and sales manager for life companies and platforms. He moves from Neptune Investment Management.
● Schroders has appointed Marc Mayer, a former chief executive of GMO as head of institutional for North America, a new position.
● Also moving to Schroders is Henrik Nyblom who joins as a senior research analyst covering pan-European telecoms and media from Nomura.
● Marco Mautone has joined Source, the London-based exchange traded funds manager, as a managing director with responsibility for Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Mr Mautone previously worked at Bank of America Merrill Lynch as head of European and US equity sales trading in Switzerland.
● Keith Goodby has moved to the insurance investment advisory group at Towers Watson, the consultancy, from Legal & General.
● Michel Meert has joined PwC, the professional services group, as investment advisory director from Towers Watson.
● State Street has appointed Andrew Wilson as head of asset manager sector solutions in the UK and the Nordic countries and Jane Mancini as head of asset manager sector solutions for the Americas. Mr Wilson was formerly at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, while Ms Mancini ran her own pension consulting business.
● Victoria Hasler and Andrew Johnston have both moved from Brewin Dolphin to focus on fixed income research and equities fund analysis respectively at Square Mile, the research and consulting company.
● Ernst & Young, the professional services group, has hired John Milne as a director within its financial services IT and cyber risk practice. Mr Milne was previously head of the Bank of England’s operational resilience team.” source: ft.com