“● Wealth management veteran Byron Coombs has been named chief executive of Duncan Lawrie Private Bank, replacing Matthew Parden. Mr Coombs, who has a 30-year career in banking, has had non-executive roles at Deutsche Bank and Coutts since leaving RBS Wealth Management in 2012.
● Kai Sotorp has been appointed president and chief executive of Manulife Asset Management, as well as executive vice-president and global head of wealth and asset management. Mr Sotorp joins from UBS Global Asset Management, where he was chief executive of Asia-Pacific.
● Christoph Rühl has been named as the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority’s first ever global head of research. Mr Rühl moves from BP, where he was group chief economist.
● David Scammell has landed another newly created role: international business development manager at Brooks Macdonald Funds. He is transferring from Frontier Investment Management.
● Mark Miller, formerly head of UK institutional business at Amundi Asset Management, is joining Hermes Fund Managers as head of UK and Mena institutional.
● Joseph DeTrani, president of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance and a 20-year veteran of the CIA, has joined the advisory board of European alternatives house Advanced Capital.
● Crosslane Fund Manager has appointed Martin Chong to establish and manage its new offices in Singapore. Mr Chong was previously at Bank of East Asia.
● Hermes Real Estate has added Edward Sellick and Charles Flather to its ranks. Mr Sellick has moved from M&G Real Estate to take up a position as a senior asset manager, while Mr Flather joins as an investment surveyor from Bidwells, where he traded on behalf of several Cambridge university college funds.
● Pierre-Henri de Monts de Savasse, erstwhile head of convertibles at Aberdeen Asset Management, is joining BlueBay Asset Management as a portfolio managers in its convertible bond team.
● Marielle Garandet, previously at Allianz Global Investors, has been named business development manager in Capital Group’s Geneva office.
● Simon Rees, formerly director of trust services at law firm New Quadrant Partners, has been named head of Kleinwort Benson Trustees.
● Simon Cocker has joined “later life” planning specialist Golden Charter to build and lead its corporate partnerships strategy. He joins from Royal London Group.
● Duncan Robertson has joined Aegon Ireland as director of pricing. Mr Robertson was previously a director in the actuarial consultancy of PwC.
● Chris Bellairs is also leaving PwC, having been appointed partner within the financial services practice of BDO.” source: ft.com