“● JPMorgan Asset Management has poached Christoph von Reiche from Goldman Sachs to lead its institutional business in Europe. Mr von Reiche was previously head of Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s institutional business in Germany and Austria.
● KPMG, the financial services group, has strengthened its European investment management practice with the appointment of Julie Patterson as a director. She will join at the end of the summer from the Investment Management Association, where she acted as the regulatory affairs director for investment funds and retail.
● Jupiter Asset Management has hired Ross Teverson as head of strategy for global emerging markets, a newly created role. Mr Teverson will join in November 2014 from Standard Life Investments.
● Peter Brackett has joined Amundi, the French fund house, as head of global consultant relations from American Century Investments.
● Svein Floden has moved to Insight Investment as head of business development for liquid alternatives in the Americas. Mr Floden, who will be based in New York, has joined from Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management.
● Raheel Altaf has landed a new role as a fund manager at Artemis. Mr Altaf was a portfolio manager at Fulcrum Asset Management until December 2013.
● The Pensions Trust, the UK workplace pensions provider, has appointed Paul Murphy as head of strategy and business development, a new role. Mr Murphy was previously director of corporate development at The Peoples Pension, also a workplace pensions provider.
● Kevin Bespolka has moved to Finisterre Capital, the emerging markets specialist, to work as co-portfolio manager with Christopher Watson on the Finisterre EM debt fund. Mr Bespolka was previously chief executive at Napier Park Global Macro fund, which he founded in August 2008.
● Absolute Strategy Research, the investment consultancy, has hired Chris Turner as head of cross-asset strategy from Lombard Street Research. Jim Ayers has joined ASR’s recently opened New York office as head of American sales from Decision Economics, while Matthew Cady is taking a senior role in the European sales team from a similar post at Oriel Securities.
● IFM Investors, the $29bn asset manager owed by 30 Australian superannuation funds, has hired John Carey as investment director of European infrastructure debt from Moody’s.
● Mike Warren, formerly investment director at Thames River Capital, has joined Alquity Investment Management as a non-executive director.
● Trusted Sources, the emerging markets research provider has two new strategists: Arnab Das, a former co-head of macro-strategy at Roubini Global Economics, and Jon Harrison, a director in the Commerzbank EM hedge fund sales team.” source: ft.com