“● Aberdeen has a new chief executive for its asset management operations in Thailand. Korawut Leenabanchong joins from UOB Asset Management in Thailand where he was chief investment officer for the past 10 years.
● Dame Kate Barker, a previous member of the Bank of England’s MPC committee, is to chair the British Coal Staff Superannuation Scheme, replacing Philip Read who will step down in September.
● Vontobel Asset Management has named Hervé Hanoune as the new head of its SFr10bn ($11bn) fixed income boutique. Mr Hanoune previously worked for Amundi in London where he led the global aggregate bond team.
● Northern Trust Asset Management has appointed Benze Lam as head of the Greater China region, a newly created role. Mr Lam was previously head of sales for China offshore at UBS Global Asset Management.
● Ashish Swarup has moved to First State Stewart as part of the team managing emerging market and worldwide equity portfolios from Fidelity Investments.
● Bertrand Biragnet has joined the Universities Superannuation Scheme as head of pan-European equities, from RIT Capital Partners. He replaces Ben Levenstein who moved to the USS private markets group, which was formed last year.
● JPMorgan Asset Management has appointed Malcolm Smith to head the client portfolio management team in the European equity group. Mr Smith is moving from BlackRock.
● Craig Nowrie has joined Threadneedle Investments as a client portfolio manager in the multi-asset allocation team, from Aon Hewitt, the consultancy.
● Standard Life Investments has appointed Toshio Tangiku as Asia-Pacific property equities analyst. Mr Tangiku joins from LaSalle Investment Management.
● Unigestion, the $15.5bn Swiss boutique, has hired Jérôme Teiletche as head of cross-asset solutions from Lombard Odier.
● RWC, the $9bn London-based active manager, has bolstered its sales team with Matteo Cianfoni joining in August from GLG. RWC also recently hired Jillian Smythe to work in sales, from Plurimi Capital, along with Flora Summerfield from Cardano, the consultancy. Roderick Loffler is also joining the sales team from RWC’s client services group.
● Christophe Girondel’s in-tray just got busier as global head of institutional and wholesale distribution for Nordea Asset Management, a newly created position that expands his previous role as global head of wholesale fund distribution.
● Cerno Capital, the London-based investment partnership, has hired Hannah Sharman as head of sales for its global multi-asset class funds, from BlackRock.
● Syz, the Swiss private bank, has hired George Azar as manager of a newly opened representative office in Dubai, from Jefferies.”source: ft.com