“● Rothschild has appointed Kevin Gardiner as global investment strategist within its €16bn wealth management business. Mr Gardiner joins from Barclays Wealth & Investment Management where he was chief investment officer for Europe.
● Source, the London-based exchange traded funds manager, has hired Juergen Blumberg as head of European capital markets from BlackRock.
● Sarah Aitken will join Legal & General Investment Management as head of institutional business for Europe and the Middle East. Ms Aitken was head of distribution at Insight Investment Management.
● Schroders has established a new global property securities team to manage more than £1.2bn of assets, with Tom Walker and Hugo Machin both joining as fund managers from AMP Capital. Ben Forster also transfers to the new team as a fund analyst from the Schroder property multi-manager team.
● Daoyu Chen has joined Axa Investment Managers as a portfolio manager within the liability-driven investments team for UK pension schemes from Goldman Sachs.
● Invesco Perpetual is expanding the UK equities team led by Mark Barnett, with Robin West joining as a fund manager within the UK small-cap team from Aviva Investors. Tim Marshall moves to the role of senior investment analyst from Redburn Partners.
● Zsolt Papp has joined JPMorgan Asset Management as global head of emerging markets debt client portfolio strategies from Union Bancaire Privée. He will report to Maria Ryan who has been promoted to Emea head of fixed income strategies.
● F&C Investments has expanded its institutional client management team. Dick Rae has joined from HSBC to help develop F&C’s insurance franchise, while Paul Myles has moved from Nordea to work in the pensions team.
● Four Capital, the $2.5bn specialist equity partnership, has hired Adrian Jackson from Record Currency Management to lead the client service and sales team.
● Mirabaud, the SFr8bn asset manager, has hired Joachim Suter to cover Swiss institutional investors. He joins from Altius Associates, the private equity advisory firm.
● The Universities Superannuation Scheme has a new chief service delivery officer. Kevin Smith will join in August from Aon Hewitt, the consultancy.
● Guillaume Lenoir has moved to Société Générale Securities Services as chief of strategic initiatives implementation from EuroCCP. Bertrand Blanchard, who was previously SGSS country manager in South Africa, now takes on that same role in the UK.
● Woodford Investment Management has appointed Jonathan Smith as head of corporate social responsibility. Mr Smith is currently a director of Business and Creative Services, a consultancy.”source: ft.com