- APG, the €375bn Dutch pensions manager, has hired Angelien Kemnaas chief finance and risk officer, succeeding Peter Kok, who held the role on an interim basis for the past 10 months. Ms Kemna’s previous role as chief investment officer will be filled by Eduard van Gelderen, chief investment officer for capital markets investments at APG Asset Management.
- MFS Investment Management, the $438.6bn global asset manager, has appointed James Gavinas head of wholesale for the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands. Mr Gavin was previously director of asset management at Commerzbank.
- Chris Ludlamis to move to Schroders Property, which manages $18.4bn, as head of real estate capital, a newly created role. He moves from AEW Europe.
- Schrodersis also expanding its commodities team, which manages $7.8bn. James Luke joins as a fund manager and metals analyst from JPMorgan, where he was co-head of metals research, while Dravasp Jhabvalahas joined from Palaedino Group in Geneva to take on the role of quantitative analyst.
- Sally Bridgeland, until recently chief executive at BP Pension Trustees, the £19bn pension fund of BP, will join Avida International, the pensions consultancy, as senior adviser in October.
- Monica Gogna is moving in August to Ropes & Gray, the lawyers, to join its investment funds group, from Pinsent Masons where she was a partner within the financial services team.
- Sarasin & Partners, the $13.8bn investment management company, has hired Alexander True and Edmund Salveson as investment managers within its charities team, from Standard Life Wealth and Brewin Dolphin respectively.
- Jonathan Gibbonhas moved to Mayfair Capital, the UK property investment manager, from Aberdeen Asset Management.
- Cordea Savills, the property investment manager, has appointed Pauline Chong as director of institutional business for southeast Asia and Australia. Ms Chong previously worked at Standard Chartered bank.
- Société Générale Securities Services has hired David Painter as head of trustee and depositary services in the UK. Mr Painter, elected chairman of the UK Depositary & Trustee Association in 2014, moves from JPMorgan.
- Mirabaud, the Swiss asset manager, has made three hires in Spain. Juan Manuel Gutiérrez Bernaldo de Quirós, who joins from Credit Suisse, and José Luis Ruiz González, who joins from Santander Private Banking, will become directors in the private banking business. Ana Echarri Sarasola, who was hired from KBL, will be responsible for clients in the company’s middle office.
- Jeannette Cottrellhas been hired by Hargreave Hale, the £3.8bn investment manager and stockbroker, to focus on private clients. Ms Cottrell joins from Bestinvest.” source: ft.com