- Lisa Jones has been appointed as head of the US for Pioneer Investments, the €185.5bn asset management subsidiary of UniCredit, the Italian insurance group. Ms Jones, who joins from Morgan Stanley Investment Management where she was global head of distribution, replaces Daniel Kingsbury as Pioneer’s US chief executive.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management has taken on another heavyweight as part of its recent hiring spree. James Dilworth joins as head of active asset management, from Allianz Global Investors, where he was chief executive for Europe. Mr Dilworth replaces Wolfgang Matis who retired in June.
- Focus Financial Partners, the US wealth management partnership, has hired a second Merrill Lynch veteran. Dan Sontag, who joined Merrill in 1978 and rose to become head of its global wealth management unit, has joined the Focus board of directors. His appointment follows that of Chris Dupuy as president of Focus Connections in June.
- Stefanie Drews will be moving to Tokyo later this year after joining Nikko Asset Management as global head of institutional marketing and proposition. Ms Drews is moving from Barclays Wealth where she was global head of key clients and family offices.
- Allianz Global Investors has hired Thomas Moles as head of US institutional marketing, a newly created role, from Legg Mason.
- Hugh Cutler, head of Europe and Middle East at Legal & General Investment Management, has moved to Och-Ziff, the $43.5bn US hedge fund manager, to become European head of investor relations.
- Anders Malcolm joined Assenagon, the German asset manager, as managing director responsible for portfolio operations and risk control, from SEB Fund Services in Luxembourg in July.
- Deborah LaBerge has joined HSBC Global Asset Managementas head of institutional sales for North America, replacing Michael Wright, who left last year. Ms LaBerge joins HSBC from Seix Advisors.
- TIAA Henderson Real Estate has hired Victoria Sharpea s global head of investor relations from Pramerica.
- Axa Investment Managers has appointed David Page as a senior economist. Mr Page has previously worked as an economist at Lloyds Bank, Investec and the UK’s Debt Management Office.
- Joe Kringdon is moving to Columbia Managementas head of intermediary distribution from Pioneer Investments. He replaces Chris Thompson who left in April to join AllianceBernstein as head of the US retail client group. In June, Columbia appointed William Landes as deputy head of global investment solutions, a new position. Mr Landes, a finance veteran, joined from Gottex Fund Management.
- Per Frederiksen has joined Dimensional Fund Advisor sas an institutional regional director responsible for the Nordic region. He joins from BlackRock, where he was a sales director.”source: ft.com