- Invesco Perpetual has appointed Danielle Singer as a senior client portfolio manager within its multi-asset team. Ms Singer joins from UBS and will be based in New York.
- Lombard Odier has named Nancy Everett as senior adviser for its US-based business, a newly created post. Mrs Everett, who was most recently at BlackRock where she was head of US fiduciary management, was also previously chief executive of Promark Global Advisors (known as General Motors Asset Management until March 2009), where she oversaw assets of more than $170bn.
- BlackRock has appointed Tan-Yuan Kueh as head of private bank business and strategic client development for the Asia ex-Japan region. Ms Kueh joins from UBS Securities where she was chief executive of wealth management for China.
- Oliver Berger has joined State Street as head of strategic market initiatives within the sector solutions team. He joins from JPMorgan Chase.
- Nikko Asset Management has poached a six-strong global equity team from Scottish Widows Investment Partnership following Aberdeen Asset Management’s acquisition of Swip this year. Led by William Low, the team includes Stephen Corr, James Kinghorn, Greig Bryson, Iain Fulton and Johnny Russell.
- Also moving from Swip is Andrew Paisley who joins the smaller-companies team led by Harry Nimmo at Standard Life Investments. Mr Paisley will manage SLI’s European Smaller Companies funds.
- Impax Asset Management’s private equity infrastructure team has made three new appointments. Babaola Omiyale joins as an investment manager from Rothschild, while Lewis Haffey takes on the role of investment analyst after moving from Clean World Capital, a renewable-energy boutique. Aaron Donoghue, who has previously worked for the renewable energy company RES Group, has been appointed as an engineering and project operations consultant.
- John Harrison has moved to Henderson Global Investors as a director in the multi-asset team from AllenbridgeEpic, the pensions consultancy.
- RBC Global Asset Management is expanding its sales and distribution team in Europe with three appointments. Anne-Sophie Girault has moved from Aviva Investors to become managing director. Also joining are Oliver Cooper as associate director from Western Asset Management and Fajr Al Tamimi as marketing associate from Mercer, the pensions consultancy.
- James Elkshas moved to JO Hambro Capital Management, the £14.7bn investment boutique, as a senior manager for institutional, from Martin Currie.
- Quilter Cheviot, the £15.7bn discretionary fund manager, has hired Sam Jacobs from London & Capital as a business development manager to work with Chinese clients.”source: ft.com