- RBC Global Asset Management has appointed Clive Brown as chief executive of RBC GAM International. Mr Brown joins from JPMorgan Asset Management where he was global chief operating officer and chairman of Asia.
- BlackRock has hired Gary Clarke as co-head of its global equity team, working alongside James Bristow. Mr Clarke was previously head of global retail and thematic investing at JPMorgan Asset Management.
- Pimco has named Melissa Tuttle as global head of equity trading and announced the first hires for its equity business. Iain McNaught joins from Sarasin & Partners to focus on TMT, while Simon Peters has moved from Nomura to work on growth strategies in financials. Sean Heymann and Aylon Ben-Shlomo become research analysts in the dividend strategy team after moving from Neuberger Berman and Pimco’s MBA programme respectively.
- Axa Investment Managershas appointed Christophe Coquema as global head of client group, replacing Laurent Seyer who has decided to leave. Julien Fourtou replaces Mr Coquema as global head of multi-asset client solutions, trading and securities financing.
- Christian Diebitsch has moved to Heptagon Capital as a fund manager from Seilern Investment Management.
- Stephen Hunnisett has joined Schroders as a credit analyst from BlackRock.
- Hermes Fund Manager has hired Zoë Shawas head of fixed income, a newly created role, from Promethion, a boutique institutional advisory business.
- Jim Giacin has joined Standard Life Investments as head of insurance business development, based in Boston, from Bancorp.
- Standard Life Investments has opened a new office in Stockholm and appointed Christopher Andersson as investment director for sales in Sweden. Mr Andersson was previously at Lannebo Fonder, a boutique. Selcuk Acar has also joined as a business development manager for Germany and Austria from Axa IM.
- Allianz Global Investors has appointed Joe Moodyto lead its the international solutions specialists teams outside of Germany, reporting to Arun Ratra, head of global solutions. Mr Moody was previously at Pacific Global Advisor, the pensions advisory group.
- Northern Trust has hired Tristan Thomas as director for portfolio strategy for hedge funds and Greg Jones as a hedge fund analyst from Mesirow Financial and Cliffwater respectively.
- Northern Trust has also expanded its outsourced chief investment officer team. Joining as client investment officers are Patrick Groenendijk from Pensioenfonds Vervoer in the Netherlands, James Hayes from Allstate Investments and Tracey Nykiel from RV Kuhns, the consultancy. Nazneen Kanga has moved from Morgan Creek Capital Management to become a solutions strategist. Kurt Zemaier takes on the role of pension risk strategist after leaving Hewitt EnnisKnupp, the investment consultant.” source: ft.com