- Polar Capital, the $13.7bn Aim-listed investment manager, is planning to develop absolute return funds with the appointment of Guy Rushton, previously an equity analyst at Legal & General. Polar intends to launch a UK Absolute Equity fund by the end of this month.
- Two hires for ING Investment Management’s emerging markets equity team. Ashish Goyal will join in October from Eastspring Investments as head of emerging market equity, while Robert Holmes has moved from Griffin Capital to become a senior portfolio manager.
- Strategic Investment Grouphas appointed Brian Murdock as chief executive. Mr Murdock was chief executive of TD Asset Management in Toronto for four years until August 2013. He replaces Hilda Ochoa-Brillembourg, the founder of SIG, who remains as chairwoman.
- Mark Mandich has been named interim president of Curian Capital, a $17.3bn subsidiary of Jackson National Life Insurance Company. He replaces Michael Bell, who has resigned from his role as president and chief executive. Mr Mandich was chief operating officer at PPM America, also an affiliate of Jackson National Life.
- Palmer Capital, the $550m real estate investment manager, has appointed Nick Cooper as deputy chairman. Mr Cooper joins from Townsend, the US real estate investment group.
- Petercam Institutional Asset Management has added Lennaert Huijing to its institutional sales and marketing team from BlackRock.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management has appointed Chuck Fiedler as head of strategy and business development for its $30bn liquid real assets platform, a newly created role. Mr Fiedler, who will be based in Chicago, joins from Heitman, the real estate investment manager.
- F&C Investment shas added two directors to its €25.1bn global rates team. Sujay Shah joined from Goldman Sachs in July, while Paul Robinson joined in June from ICAP.
- Three hires for US Trust, part of Bank of America, which is expanding its wealth management operations. Morgan Stickler joins from BlackRock as a portfolio manager, while Louis Cuomo has moved from Citi as a private client adviser. Michael Whittemore has joined as a portfolio oversight manager from Prestige Wealth Management.
- GVO Investment Management, a specialist that applies private equity investment techniques to public markets, has hired Adam Khanbhai as a research analyst from OC&C Strategy Consultants.
- Voya Investment(formerly ING Investment Management in the US) has hired Jean-Dominique Butikofer as head of emerging markets fixed income from Union Bancaire Privée in Zurich.
- Jonathan Mills has moved to Colliers International to head the property group’s investment business in the northwest of Britain. He joins from Jones Lang LaSalle.””source: ft.com