- GAM Holding, the SFr119.6bn Swiss asset manager, has appointed Alexander Friedmanas group chief executive. He replaces David Solo, who is stepping down. Mr Friedman was previously global chief investment officer of UBS Wealth Management and has also served as chief financial officer of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Claudia Raoul has moved to Invesco’s multi-management team based in Paris as a fund manager. She joins from LCF Rothschild.
- BlueBay, the $66.6bn fixed income and alternative investments specialist, has appointed Kerry Hugh-Jones as a portfolio manager in the global leveraged finance team. Ms Hugh-Jones was previously head of business development at Eclectica, the hedge fund.
- Pictet has hired three portfolio managers in London to strengthen its multi-asset capabilities. Percival Stanion, Andrew Cole and Shaniel Ramjee all join from Baring Asset Management.
- BBVA Compass, the US banking subsidiary of BBVA, the Spanish financial services group, has appointed Maria Holmes as head of asset management and trust. Ms Holmes moves from Santander where she served as national sales director for its US securities business.
- François Pirrello has moved to JPMorgan Asset Management as a senior client adviser, based in Geneva. Mr Pirrello joined from Pictet. JPMorgan AM has also appointed Pietro Grassano, previously head of sales for Italy, as country head for France.
- Threadneedle, the £92.8bn investment manager, has sewn up the appointment of Maya Bhandari as an investment strategist in the multi-asset allocation team. Ms Bhandari moved from Citi where she was a director of global macro strategy.
- Mirabaud, the SFr8bn Swiss asset manager, has appointed Majid Hassan as head of business development activities for the Middle East. Mr Hassan was previously chief executive officer of Prestans Capital.
- Neal Kutner has moved to Goldbridge Capital Partners, a privately owned fund management boutique that focuses on European subinvestment grade credit. Mr Kutner becomes head of business development. He moves from BNY Mellon Asset Management.
- Russell Investments has hired Andrew Allsopp and Stavros Elia as portfolio managers within its Emea implementation services team, from Record Currency Management and Legal & General Investment Management respectively.
- Inflexion Private Equity has appointed John Harperand Stuart Robinson as investment directors. Mr Harper was previously a partner at Duke Street while Mr Robinson has moved from Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, a US mid-market equity investor.
- Roger Urwin, global head of investment content at Towers Watson, the consultancy, has become the latest addition to the 300 Club, an activist group of senior fund industry professionals.” source: ft.com