- Axa Investment Managers is expanding its Asian fixed income team with the appointments of Honyu Fung as a senior portfolio manager and Jason Pang as a portfolio manager, based in Hong Kong. Both join from HSBC Global Asset Management.
- Henderson Global Investors is also expanding its £19.7bn fixed income team with Dónal Kinsella joining as an investment director to look after institutional clients. Mr Kinsella was most recently with Lane Clark & Peacock where he was an associate investment consultant.
- The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (Alfi) has appointed Marc-André Bechet as director of legal and tax. Mr Bechet was previously head of investment funds services at Banque Degroof Luxembourg.
- Henriette Bergh is moving to Schroders as head of Europe product and manager solutions (ex the UK) from Morgan Stanley where she served as head of sales, private wealth management for Emea.
- Chris Edge has moved to HSBC as the new head of HSBC Securities Services Luxembourg from Allfunds Bank International where he was head of the Benelux business.
- Pioneer Investments has hired Dean Heaney as institutional sales director from Royal London Asset Management.
- James Hughes will join the multi asset investment team at Gottex, the $8.5bn alternative asset manager, in October as a managing director. Mr Hughes was previously group chief investment officer for HSBC Insurance where he was responsible for assets totalling more than $95bn.
- Simon Brazier, head of UK equities at Threadneedle Investments, is to join Investec Asset Management in November to run equity funds consistent with his current £2bn alpha strategy. Blake Hutchins is also moving from Threadneedle to run a new UK Equity Income fund. Investec also poached analysts Ben Needham and Anna Farmbrough, both analysts, and Neil Finlay, a product specialist from Threadneedle.
- Union Bancaire Privée, the $107bn Swiss private bank, has appointed Stella Maas a senior portfolio manager within its fixed Income team. Ms Ma joins from the Swiss Federal Social Security Funds.
- Justine Gordon has moved from Guggenheim Partners to run the energy and infrastructure investment practice at AlpInvest, the $51.1bn private equity fund of funds arm of Carlyle, the US-based alternative investment group.”source: ft.com