- BNP Paribas Investment Partners has appointed Susan Gostick as head of the pension fund segment for its institutional business line. Ms Gostick was previously head of institutional relationship management at Newton Investment Management.
- US fund house Fidelity Worldwide Investmenthas hired former Barclays Wealth chief executive Peter Horrell to oversee its £70bn UK business. Mr Horrell spent 24 years at Barclays and was only appointed chief executive of the bank’s wealth and investment business 12 months ago. He starts his new role at Fidelity in April.
- Standard Life Investments, the £195bn Edinburgh-based manager, is to set up a new infrastructure debt team led by Jeremy Allcock. Mr Allcock, previously head of project finance (public sector) at Nationwide Building Society, will be responsible for providing long-term senior debt to core transport, energy and social infrastructure projects in the UK and Europe.
- BlackRock, the world’s largest fund manager, has appointed Edward Bang as head of multi-asset strategies for Asia Pacific. Mr Bang, a former founding partner and chief executive of Olivant, a private investment company, moves from UBS Global Asset Management.
- Ian Ormiston has joined Old Mutual Global Investors as a fund manager and will launch a new European Smaller Companies fund in the fourth quarter. Mr Ormiston, who has managed European equity funds for more than 20 years, joined from Ignis Asset Management.
- CRobert Maltby has joined JPMorgan Asset Management as a regional sales manager for the southwest and the Midlands from M&G, where he was a business development director.
- Obe Ejikeme has joined Carmignac, the €50bn French asset manager, as a quantitative equity analyst from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he was head of European equity and quantitative strategy.
- The European Fund and Asset Management Association has hired Gabriela Diezhandino to head Efama’s newly created public policy department. Ms Diezhandino was previously head of public affairs for Insurance Europe, the pan-European insurers’ association.
- Adour Sarkissian has joined Four Capital Partners to establish a North American equity capability for the $2.4bn London-based boutique, from ING in New York where he ran ING’s $1.7bn US high-dividend fund.
- Two hires for Alken Asset Management, the €9bn European equity specialist. Michael Aubourghas joined as an analyst for the food, beverages, tobacco and household and personal care industries from Credit Suisse. Nicolas Descoqs takes on the role as analyst for the oil and gas, mining, aerospace and defence industries after moving from ConocoPhillips.
- Two hires for Scio Capital, the $350m European structured credit fund manager. Barry Lucassen joins as a director in the portfolio management team from Aeris Capital, a family office. Eriko Aron has moved from Deutsche Bank to join Scio’s risk management team as a director.”source: ft.com