- David Wilton is joining Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners as a managing director to help develop a private equity impact investing programme. Mr Wilton was previously chief investment officer of the International Finance Corporation and manager of the IFC’s private equity portfolio, which invested more than $4bn across nearly 200 PE funds.
- Legal & General Investment Management has appointed Honor Solomon as head of retail distribution for Europe and the Middle East. Ms Solomon joins from BlackRock.
- Warburg Pincus, the $39bn global private equity manager, is expanding its healthcare group with the appointment of three executives in residence. David Kirchhoff, previously chief executive of Weight Watchers International, will focus on consumer and digital health. Philip Gioia, previously president of North America at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, a Mumbai-based drug developer, will explore opportunities in the biopharmaceuticals sector, while Richard Hassett, formerly chief executive of NovaSom, a sleep testing company, will focus on population health and accountable care.
- Christian Menegatti, previously global head of research at Roubini Global Economics, is joining Windhaven Investment Management as chief investment strategist. Windhaven, which was acquired in 2010 by Charles Schwab, the US financial services provider, manages $18bn in three all-ETF investment strategies. Mr Menegatti will work alongside the current chief investment strategist, DeFred “Fritz” Folts, who will retire at the end of the year.
- Two hires for the expanding Aviva Investors infrastructure team, which manages £1.9bn. Veronique Leroy joins as head of infrastructure investment services from Octopus Investments while Jolanta Touzard has moved from Equitix to become an assistant fund manager. Further appointments to the 15-strong team are expected.
- Old Mutual Global Investors has poached an investment team from Ignis, the asset manager acquired by Standard Life Investments for £390m in March. Led by Russ Oxley as head of fixed income and absolute return, the new team, which will start in 2015, includes Huw Davies, Joshua Heming, Adam Purzitsky,Paul Shanta and Jin Wong.
- Nathan Shetty has moved to UBS Global Asset Management as US senior asset allocation strategist in the global investment solutions team, from Mesirow Financial. Mr Shetty replaces Lowell Yura, who moved to BMO Global Asset Management US as head of multi-asset solutions in the summer.
- Howard Pearce is to chair the new Responsible Investment Advisory Council for F&C Investments from January 2015. Mr Pearce served as head of pension fund management for the Environment Agency Pension Fund between 2003 and 2013.
- Investec Asset Management has hired Mike Hugman as a strategist for its global emerging markets fixed income team. Mr Hugman joins from Amiya Capital, a hedge fund.
- Kevin Mordrick has moved to Oriel Asset Management, an independent London-based boutique, as head of business development, from City Financial Investment.”source: ft.com