- Jens Nystedt has moved to Morgan Stanley Investment Management in New York as a portfolio manager and head of sovereign research for the emerging markets debt team. He joins from Moore Capital, the hedge fund.
- Seneca Investment Managers, the Liverpool-based asset manager, has hired Peter Elston, the former head of Asia-Pacific strategy and asset allocation at Aberdeen Asset Management, as its new global investment strategist.
- Campbell & Company, the $4bn Baltimore-based quantitative investment specialist, has appointed Kathryn Kaminski as director of investment strategies. Ms Kaminski, who will join in January, is currently deputy managing director of the Institute for Financial Research, part of the Stockholm School of Economics.
- Schroders, the £275.1bn asset manager, has hired Philip Howard as an LDI solutions manager from Mercer, the consultancy. Mr Howard will take over from Daniel Morris, who will transfer to New York in 2015 to help establish a new portfolio solutions business in North America for Schroders.
- Ross Teverson is to lead the emerging markets equities team at Jupiter, the £33.1bn UK-based asset manager, after taking up a newly created role as head of strategy for global emerging markets. Mr Teverson moves from Standard Life.
- Suzanna Wong has joined SYZ, the SFr35bn Swiss asset management boutique, as head of sales for Asia from Swiss & Global Asset Management.
- Axa Investment Managers has appointed Stephen Sexeny as head of its US clients group. Mr Sexeny joins from New York Life where he was head of business development and investor relations at the Cornerstone Capital division. More hires are expected in the US, where Axa IM now manages $85bn. Also moving toAxa IM is Gregory Venizelos who joins as a senior credit strategist from BNP Paribas’ fixed income division.
- GAM, the SFr124.1bn Swiss asset manager, has hired a team of quantitative analysts from Alternative Beta Partners, an investment boutique. Lars Jaeger, founder of Alternative Beta Partners along with Pierre-Yves Moixand Stephan Müller, have joined to expand GAM’s range of liquid alternative solutions aimed at institutional clients.
- Nathan Zinn has joined CBRE Global Investors, the $88.6bn property investment manager, where he will work as an assistant portfolio manager on the separate account for Calstrs, the California teachers’ pension fund. Mr Zinn previously worked for the Teacher Retirement System of Texas.
- Stephen Davidson has moved to MSCI, the index provider, as director of investor relations from Markit, the financial information services provider. He succeeds Edings Thibault who is moving into a new role as global head of business intelligence for MSCI.
- Guy Hill has taken on the role of senior investment director at Sanditon, the London-based asset management boutique launched in 2013. Mr Hill has moved from Helvea, the specialist Swiss broker acquired last year by Baader Bank of Germany.
- Glen Fineganis to move to Henderson Global Investors as head of emerging markets, from First State Stewart.”source: ft.com