- Waverton, the £5.2bn London-based investment boutique, has appointed Davina Rich as a director and private client portfolio manager. Ms Rich was previously a senior analyst at North of South Capital, the emerging markets specialist.
- Hermes, the £27.9bn investment manager, has hired Oliver Leyland as head of Latin America and a senior analyst within its emerging markets team. Mr Leyland joins from Mirae Asset Global Investments.
- Diamond Lee, a specialist in Chinese equities, has joined Old Mutual Global Investors, the £17.4bn asset management arm of Old Mutual, the insurance group, as an Asian equities portfolio manager. Mr Lee, who will be based in Hong Kong, moves from Ignis Asset Management.
- Woodford Investment Management, the £8bn asset manager founded this year by Neil Woodford, is expanding its compliance and operations team. Simon Osborne joins as head of compliance from Nuveen Investments while Gavin St John-Heath will become chief risk and operations officer in January after moving from BlueQuant Capital Management. Also joining are David Brailsford as data architecture delivery manager from IBM and Vimal Patel, a business analyst, who moves from Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi government-controlled investment company.
- WisdomTree, the $40bn US exchange traded funds manager, has appointed Nick Shellard as head of sales at WisdomTree Europe. Mr Shellard, who has held senior ETF roles at Morgan Stanley, iShares and Deutsche Bank, last worked as head of ETF and delta one sales at Citibank.
- Two hires for Sarasin & Partners, the £14.1bn London-based asset management group. Marc Robinson moved in October from Pioneer Global Investments to focus on distribution and business development while Ally Kidd will join in January from Liontrust to manage client support functions and strategic client relationships.
- Stephen Mitchell is moving to Jupiter Asset Management as head of strategy for global equities, from Caledonia Investments.
- BlueBay Asset Management, the $65.8bn fixed income and alternative investment specialist owned by Royal Bank of Canada, has hired Andrew Archer as chief technology officer from Man Group.
- Lombard Odier Investment Managers has appointed Mats Langensjö to expand its advisory services to insurance and pensions industry clients in the Nordic region. Mr Langensjö, who has previously been a special adviser to the Swedish ministry of finance, was most recently chief executive of Brummer Life Insurance.
- John Connolly has joined Elian, the fund administration services provider, as chairman. Mr Connolly, a former global chairman of Deloitte, is also currently chairman of G4S and Amec Foster Wheeler.
- Investec Wealth & Investment has hired a trio of directors from Barclays Wealth: Rob Jones, Darren Elmes and Steve Hart will join the IW&I office as senior investment directors.
- Stephen Kevan has moved to VAM, a $650m Mauritius-based fund manager as group marketing director. Mr Kevan joins from NinetyEast Financial, a financial services provider also based in Mauritius.”source: ft.com