- Laurent Seyer has joined MSCI, the indexing and analytics provider, as global head of client coverage. Mr Seyer, a former chief executive of Lyxor Asset Management between 2006 and 2012, joins AXA Investment Managers in Paris, where he served as global head of the client group.
- Two hires for WL Ross, the $8bn distressed private equity arm of Invesco, the $790bn US-based asset manager. Su Yeo joins the investment team to focus on the metals and mining sectors, from Morgan Stanley Principal Investments, while Eric London has moved from Credit Suisse to take on a role developing client relationships with endowments, foundations and corporate clients.
- Henderson, the £76.6bn global asset manager, has hired Ian Dyble as head of product development. Mr Dyble was previously head of product development and chief operating officer at Cazenove Capital Management. Henderson has also promoted James Bowers to the broader role of global head of product and distribution services and will look for new hires across its global distribution business in 2015.
- Luc Simoncini has moved to Kames Capital to work for the £51.9bn Edinburgh-based fund company as an equity product specialist. He moves from Mediolanum International Funds in Dublin.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management has hired Roger Bootz to head up the public distribution of passive investment products across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Mr Bootz joins from UBS, where he was head of ETF capital markets for Europe.
- Smith & Williamson Investment Management has appointed Giles Worthington to manage the Smith & Williamson European Growth Trust. Mr Worthington, a former head of European equities for M&G, joins from RiverCrest Capital, a London-based boutique.
- Saracen Fund Managers, the independent Edinburgh-based investment company, has appointed Jamie Matheson as chairman. Jim Fisher, the current chairman, will continue as a director at Saracen. Mr Matheson was the executive chairman of Brewin Dolphin between 2005 and 2013.
- Abingworth, the specialist life sciences and healthcare investment group has appointed Kurt von Emster as a partner, effective from January. Mr von Emster, who started his career as an analyst and portfolio manager at Franklin Templeton, co-founded venBio, a US private equity healthcare group, in 2009.
- Christopher Sullivan has moved to Armstrong Investment Managers, a London-based boutique as head of distribution. Mr Sullivan joins from Europe Capital Markets, a capital introducing group for alternative fund managers he founded in 2010.
- Sian Hansen has joined the advisory board at Cerno Capital, the London-based investment group. Ms Hansen is currently executive director at the Legatum Institute, a think-tank.
- Julian Gabriel has moved to Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, the $46bn global property investment manager, as head of investment for Europe. Mr Gabriel was formerly head of real estate at Doughty Hanson Real Estate (DHCRE).”source: ft.com