- Commonfund, the $25bn US not-for-profit institutional investment manager, has appointed Catherine Keating as chief executive. Ms Keating, formerly head of investment management for the Americas at JPMorgan and the current chairwoman of the Villanova University board of trustees, succeeds Verne Sedlacek, Commonfund’s chief executive since 2002, who will continue in an advisory role.
- Generali,the Italian insurer, has appointed a new chief executive for its asset management operations in Asia. Yezdi Chinoy, who was previously head of compliance for southeast and south Asia at Allianz Global Investors, succeeds Terence Wong, who becomes deputy chairman of Generali Investments Asia.
- Two hires for the infrastructure equity team based in New York for AMP Capital, the $127bn Australian investment manager. Michael Hamilton joins as an investment director from BlueWave Capital, a Boston-based renewable energy project developer. Andrew Kirby has been appointed as a senior associate after moving from Rothschild, the financial advisory group.
- Juan José González De Paz has moved to Natixis, the $894.3bn global asset manager, as a senior consultant responsible for Spain and Latin America. Mr González De Paz joins from BBVA Asset Management, where he was a portfolio manager.
- Warburg Pincus, the $37bn global private equity group, has appointed Andrew Sukawatyas an executive-in-residence to evaluate telecommunications, media and technology investment opportunities. Mr Sukawaty is currently executive chairman of Inmarsat, the satellite operator.
- Anthony Briskey has joined Lazard Asset Management as UK institutional sales and marketing manager from HSBC Global Asset Management.
- Benedicte Rabierhas moved to Amundi, the €850bn French asset manager, as an alternative investments senior product specialist from AllenBridgeEpic, the London-based investment adviser.
- ING Investment Managementhas hired a convertible bond team from Avoca, the Irish specialist credit manager. Tarek Saber and Jasper van Ingen join as ING’s convertible bond investment team manager and senior portfolio manager respectively.
- Jamie Ward has moved to Oriel, the London-based asset manager, as a fund manager from Wolos Capital, the hedge fund.
- Peter Gibson has joined William Blair, the Chicago-based investment bank and asset manager, to lead consultant relations activities in Europe. He joins from M&G Investments.
- Castle Harbour Securities, the $2bn London and Bermuda-based financial services provider, has hired Eric Daniel, the former head of equity derivatives and convertible bond sales at Citi, to co-manage a global convertible bond fund that will launch in February. Mr Daniel will run the Castle Harbour R&D — Pure Global Convertibles fund with Damien Regnier, previously a portfolio manager at Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, who joined in October.
- Alex Mattey has moved to Internos as a senior investor relations manager for the €3.9bn property fund manager, from Clearbell Capital.”source: ft.com