- Shankar Athreya has moved from Singapore, where he was global head of strategy and business development at Olam International, to London to take up a job as head of farmland investments at Insight Investment.
- Private equity firm Warburg Pincus has a new partner, René Obermann. Mr Obermann, who was most recently chief executive officer of Ziggo, will focus on the telecommunications, media and technology sectors.
- Ignazio Rocco di Torrepadula has joined Tikehau Capital Italy as a senior adviser, having previously held a similar role at the Boston Consulting Group.
- Paul Harris has left Brevan Howard in Jersey, where he was head of administration, to join Carne Group. He will be available to serve as an independent fund director.
- Mena Capital has experienced some changes at the top, with two new managing partners. Slim Feriani, formerly executive chairman, chief executive and chief investment officer at Advance Emerging Capital, comes in as chief executive, while Roger Allen joins as head of business development.
- March Gestión de Fondos has hired Lorenzo Parages as head of distribution. Mr Parages was previously in charge of Allfunds Bank’s investment services operations in Latin America. Mr Parages began his career within the equity sales division of Banco Urquijo, before moving to Axa Investments as a financial adviser.
- Mirae Asset Global Investments has appointed Sander van Ouwerkerk to lead its Benelux and Nordic sales efforts. Mr van Ouwerkerk joins from Acadian Asset Management.
- Adrian Mulryan has left ETF provider Source, where he was general counsel, to join law firm Arthur Cox as a partner in its asset management and investment funds group.
- Candriam has hired Matthieu David as head of Candriam Investors Group Italy. He was formerly director of external distribution in Italy for BNP Paribas Investment Partners. Candriam has also added Alessandro Malinverno and Ergys Luga to its Italian sales team.
- Andy Gboka has joined the team managing Bellevue Asset Management’s BB African Opportunities fund. Until last year, Mr Gboka was a senior analyst with Exotix.
- Nikko Asset Management has hired an Edinburgh-based head of solutions marketing. Cameron Kuwahara joins from Citigroup Global Markets, where he was a senior sales director in Singapore. He also worked for Bank of America/Merrill Lynch Securities and Deutsche Securities Tokyo.
- The UK’s Pension Protection Fund has appointed Hans de Boer as chief risk officer. Mr de Boer has held a variety of risk management roles at RBS and ABN Amro.
- Kames Capital has hired Matt Harding as an investment analyst focusing on North American equities. Mr Harding joins from the restructuring team at consultancy Zolfo Cooper.
- Benjamin Tolub has joined Sycomore Asset Managers as a senior analyst. Mr Tolub used to be an analyst at Millenium Partners.”source ft.comIf you believe, you or one of your colleagues should be included, let us know with the appropriate references. If you are looking for a new challenge, let recruiters find you